Celebrate the life of spring with this adorable Spring Fling ragged quilt pattern! This fun quilt features our precut flower shapes but it also has a pattern for the shapes if you wish to cut them yourself. The finished size of the quilt is approximately 50" x 75".
This pattern is easy/medium level. Included in this pattern are individual pattern pieces to print, detailed instructions including directions for simple ragging of the edges and tons of pictures to guide and encourage you.
Homespun fabric is great to craft and sew with because the yard dyed fabric is the same on both sides. There is no front or back. Tear your leftover homespun scraps into strips to embellish your other craft projects with cute torn bows or browse our weekend project ideas for a fun way to recycle your left overs.
Materials List for Spring Fling Quilt
**It is recommended that you use cotton homespun fabric for any rag stitching project. Regular quilting cotton or printed cotton will not fray as well. Remember that homespun fabric has no front or back side. Both are the same.
- 4 yards of light (preferably solid) color homespun cotton background fabric #3
- Jubilee Creative Studio Ecru Solid suggested.
- 2 yards complimentary fabric #1
- Jubilee Creative Studio Garden Green 5 suggested.
- 2 yards complimentary fabric #2
- Jubilee Creative Studio Garden Green 2 suggested.
- OR: if you wish to use only one complimentary fabric on the back side you may use 4 yds of the same fabric instead of fabric #1 and fabric #2.
- 54 large flower cutouts with pre-clipped rag edges**
- 54 small flower cutouts with straight edges**
- 54 cute buttons (optional) -
- 1 yard firm batting or fleece, 60 inches wide
**You may also cut out your own flower shapes instead of using the precut shapes from Jubilee Creative Studio. Pattern shapes for the flowers are included in this pattern. Total fabric needed will be approximately 1.5 to 2 yards homespun fabric for 54 large and 54 small flowers.